Wednesday, August 14, 2013

So much to do...let the countdown begin

We start school 3 weeks from today.  I know it is a lot later than a lot of you but keep in mind we went to school until June 28th! 

I have been reading, blogging, take the "How to Learn Math" online course, and following tweets all summer.  I feel so "connected".  I have lots of great ideas which leads to lots to do before school starts.

I have a notebook dedicated to Dan Meyer's 3 acts.  I am doing each of them, writing them all down, doing the work, categorizing them according to difficulty level and subject matter.  That way I can determine which ones I want to use when.

I started a google doc for each of my three different preps (Algebra I, Algebra II, and Futures math (I can do what I want with this small group of seniors- we will do lots of projects and 3 acts and the like))  In the google docs, I am linking to all these great ideas and websites.  Just saw the TI Zombie one today.  I am going to have to spend more time reading up on that one. 

I just bought some panel board and am making 2'x2' group whiteboards for my class with duct tape on the edges.  I have a class set of individual boards, but am looking forward to doing more group work, so these will be perfect.

I found a 3'x3' square coffee table on the side of the road.  My husband will have to round out the dog eaten corners and I will repaint it.  Then, I am going to print off inspirational quotes and mod podge those to the top and it will be a work center for the kids.  I have a lot of kids who like to sit on the ground when working.  Now, they will have a surface.

I am taking the "How to Learn Math" class which I love and am almost done. 

I need to get my edmodo groups ready, make some QR codes for online books and such, find more number talks, write some letters of recommendations, and just get ready! 


No comments:

Post a Comment