Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Happy Medium or Medium Happy?

That's start at the end, that is the end of last school year and even before that.  Last school year was not a great year.  It was anything personally against me but everyone that I work with at school and on Twitter had stinky years with lots of bad stuff happening to them.  I wanted to help them.  I didn't want to just be the positive cheerleader telling them annoying positive phrases.  It was just stuff they had to go through and I tried to be there for them. 

At the last week and 2 days of the school year, I developed vertigo.  Yuck!  It was debilitating!  I woke up that Sunday throwing up and spinning.  Monday was even worse and I had to take the day off from school.  I went into a walk in clinic and they gave me a prescription to help the spinning.  Then, I went to my friend who is a physical therapist that specializes in vertigo.  She did some testing on me and gave me some exercises to help me get better.  I felt worse than being drunk.  I walked tilted to the right.  I couldn't drive.  I couldn't lay back.  I couldn't close my eyes.  I was most comfortable lying at a 45 degree angle and just staring into space.  I had to have my family drive me to school and some colleagues drive me home.  I couldn't look at the computer screen.  I did go home early two days after the kids took their final exams.  I was so thrilled that a colleague offered to grade some of my exams.  It was so helpful.  I was doing everything in slow motion.  I now have a better understanding of what it is like when kids have concussions.  I couldn't go any faster.  I couldn't think.  I was so tired.  I didn't feel like myself and I was mad.  I just wanted to walk up normal.  I did my exercises and rested a lot so I was better after about one and a half week.  I know people suffer from it a lot longer than that and I can't imagine. 

But, due to this, I didn't end the school year the way I normally do.  I would pull everything out of my school closets and toss stuff I didn't use this year.  I would reorganize.  I would pack up neatly so I could come in fresh for this school year.  Nope, I just stuffed stuff away.  I am not looking forward to trying to find things.  But, it was what I had to do.  It will all be fine in the end.

So, my title...I am going to try to find a happy medium this year.  Not getting too busy or too far behind.  Not taking too much home with me.  Exercising, sleeping, staying healthy.  Then, maybe I will find a happy medium or maybe at least be medium happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment