Thursday, June 22, 2017

Summer of the Traveling Math Teacher

Today (June 22nd, 2017) is my first day of summer vacation and it is perfect - 78 degrees and just gorgeous! 

I started today with catching up on all my errands including taking two sons for physicals plus the usual - get gas, go to the bank, and finally the library.  The library is my most favorite errand.  I didn't really hit the jackpot, but I got a few.  I have a huge list but my library didn't have many of them. 

I am blessed to be traveling a lot this summer.  I am a little concerned that it will be too much for me to rest, recharge, and rejuvenate, but I am hopeful to make the downtime really relaxing by reading a book or fishing.

On Sunday, I head to the Adirondacks with our church's youth group for a week of mission work.  We get home on Friday.

Then, I travel up to Burlington, VT for a cousin's wedding and our traditional 4th of July festivities at my grandmother's house.  It is my favorite holiday (after Christmas).

Next up, I was chosen as a Desmos fellow and will be traveling to San Francisco in mid-July to learn more about Desmos.  I am thrilled to have been chosen for this opportunity and so excited to see my friends from Twitter.  I have never been to San Fran and have been warned that it will be colder than I think.  I can't wait, but as with all my trips, I don't want to hurry them up and wish summer away.

At the end of July, I will be traveling to Atlanta (yes, that's right Atlanta in July) for my second Twitter Math Camp for a week!  I am going with my colleague and again so happy to be meeting up with great Twitter Math Teachers. 

Finally, we will take a family vacation to the Rehoboth Beach area in Delaware for golfing, fishing, swimming, and reading.

I am also taking a class to get credit for Twitter Math Camp and have received curriculum hours to work on Geometry which I haven't taught in a while.

I think I am gone for 28 days!  That's crazy, but I will find a balance work and play.  Bring on summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment