One of the new things I did this year that I liked was my desk arrangement. I had them in groups of four or five. I do new seating charts each month, so it also means new work groups each month. I feel it built the idea of asking a student first before me. I heard so many great discussions and debates.
I await fresh new ideas for the classroom on twitter to be posted. What will it be?
What greatness will I learn at TMC16 to bring back to my classroom?
Things I would like to do/need to do for next year:
- Update all my accelerated algebra 2 quizzes and tests (made quiz 1 and 2 last week!)
- Update my accelerated algebra 2 assignment sheets (just made 10 out of 20 (10 questions each) this week! - now to actually do them all)
- Add some fun gifs to my lessons
- Teaching a new course called Foundations of Algebra (alg 1), so I need to work a lot on this
- Build in more SAT/SAT Math 2 stuff to prep the kids for that
- Make a new diagnostic benchmark for Algebra 1
Exams are done and graded. My room is all packed up. I am ready to be done. Another year is in the books.